Here are a few websites that you may find useful.
- Action for children: Family support
www.actionforchildren.org.uk Tel: 01522546516
All families need help at critical moments. We support children and families with the most difficult problems and are the largest provider of family support services in the UK.
- 4all is an information magazine for parents of children and young people who have a sensory impairment, additional needs and/or are disabled. It provides lots of helpful information for families and young people, and also describes the many short break activities available across Lincolnshire. Once registered, the child or young person and their family will receive, and have access to a range of services:
• a Welcome Pack with useful bag and a range of information leaflets
• help with queries relating to disability issues and other family issues ranging from childcare to benefits, leisure to support groups
• regular copy of the 4All newsletter
• information and event updates
Contact details: FREEPHONE: 0800 195 1635 Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
GENERAL ENQUIRIES Tel: 01522 782033
Department for Education http://www.education.gov.uk/
Lincolnshire County Council http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/parents/
Provides help and advice on cyberbullying, the Centre maintains a website for children and young people, and parents and carers about staying safe online.
Call our free helpline 0808 808 3555
- Specialist Teaching and Applied Psychology Service –STAPS
For free, impartial information and advice about SEN issues in Lincolnshire please contact our helpline 01522 553351
- Specialist Dyslexia Outreach Teacher: Monday 9.30 am –11.30 am (term time only) For free, impartial information and advice.
Katie Akerman 01205 317871 option 3
- Educational Psychologists: Every Tuesday 1.30 pm –4.00 pm
Call 01522 554673 and ask for the Helpline
The following links may prove to be useful sources of advice, should you need it, about a variety of support services that are available. There is a mix of both local (Lincolnshire) and national organisations.
Lincolnshire Children’s Support Service. (LCSS) We are a team of Family Support Workers who provide advice, information and practical support to families with children aged 5 – 13 in parts of Lincolnshire.
If you would like to find out more about Family Action, please visit our website at www.familyaction.org.uk or contact us on
- Tel: 01522 541419
Domestic Abuse Lincolnshire
Boston/South Holland - 01205 318600/01205311272
Mens Advice Line 0808 8010327
Family Lives (previously Parentline Plus) 0808 800 2222
Immediate support and advice for parents,
24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The LHSG have commissioned a short film on youth homelessness called ‘Choices’ launched in May 2015. The aim of it is to prevent young people becoming homeless and the main message of the film is to encourage people to seek help at an earlier stage. The film guides young people to help and support if they do become homeless. Please could you place it on your own web and social media sites if possible. The link is:
Feel free to share widely!
For more information on Youth Housing, please visit:
Kidscape: 08451 205 204
A helpline for parents and carers of bullied children is available
Monday - Tuesday: 10am to 8pm;
Wednesday - Friday: 10am to 4pm
Keeping your children safe on-line matters - here are some links to help you
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ A great website for both children and parents or carers with lots of information and links on staying safe when using online technology
The following link is a helpful parent guide to using YouTube. Although the site is American the advice it gives is excellent and also has links that provide helpful advice and support.
The websites links should work by right clicking on the web address and then clicking on the ‘open hyperlink’ part. Or simply type in or copy and paste the web address into your search engine, e.g. google, bing, btyahoo etc
Within many of these websites there are further links that you will be able to follow and use for advice and information.
We hope you find this information useful.