Why do we have a School Council?
- To help make our school better.
- Everyone is an important part of our school. We should all have a say in how it is run.
- We have the right to be listened to.
- Children have some great ideas!
- Everyone has the right to express their own opinions.
- Teachers might not have enough time to listen to everyone's ideas separately. A council meeting can bring all those ideas together.
- Adults don't always have the answers, children can help them to see things differently.
- Decisions made in school affect us all. Children should have a say in decisions which affect them.
- Children might notice things which need changing that adults aren't aware of.