About our Playground Leaders
Our Playground Leaders work with and support our younger pupils to become even more physically active, while at play.
Our Year 5 and 6 classes of children, throughout the academic year will all act as Playground Leaders, supported by their teachers and Midday Supervisors. Playground Leaders are trained by colleagues from the Boston Sport Partnership.
During lunchtime, the Playground Leaders will:
- zone off areas of the playground
- organise a range fun activities which encourage our children to be active
- support younger pupils during their play.
This leadership opportunity enables our pupils to further develop and embed our values of:
- Love: looking after, caring and helping others;
- Friendship: playing with and being kind to others;
- Respect: liaising with adults to confirm activities and collection of resources as well as guide and support our children when engaged in organised play activities;
- Service: helping and providing for others
The leadership programme also encourages our older children to be creative by planning, preparing and delivering fun activities and to be independent by acting responsibly.